ESOP advisor in Huntleigh, MO. Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) are becoming a more and more well-liked retirement plan for employees in a variety of sectors in Huntleigh, MO. They offer business owners an opportunity to exit their company while greatly reducing taxes on the sale, and offer employees a tax-advantaged retirement plan that builds their productivity and motivation. However, designing, implementing, and maintaining an ESOP isn't something most Huntleigh, MO business owners can do alone. Correct Capital's seasoned and savvy ESOP advisors help businesses of all sizes, in Huntleigh, MO and around the country, establish tailored retirement plans that benefit themselves, their employees, and their profit.
If you're in search of a trustworthy financial partner in Huntleigh, MO who shares your goals of creating your company and employees for enduring success, call Correct Capital at 314-930-4015, contact us online, or schedule a consultation with one of our financial advisors at this moment.
What Is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)?
An ESOP is a tax-advantaged retirement plan where employees receive stock of the company that employs them, rather than savings or investments in other companies such as in a 401(k). ESOPs are fully funded by the employer, and often times shares offered to employees are not voting shares, meaning control of the company stays with ownership and other executives. They offer fantastic incentives to employees while providing businesses with an enhanced value proposition to employees, and allow business owners to set up a succession plan while retaining control. Upon reaching retirement, most employees sell the stock at marketplace value.
Of special interest to business owners, by handing over part of your ownership to the ESOP, owners can defer capital gains taxes, allowing you to spread out that tax hit instead of needing to pay taxes right away. In many cases, ESOPs are a succession plan that keeps the most amount of money attainable with the owner.
Benefits of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Sell a portion of your business (minimum 30%) with deferment of capital gains taxes (provided you reinvest into qualified replacement securities)
- Further tax deductions through contributions made to employees
- If the business is one day 100% owned as an S-Corp by the ESOP, it's not subject to federal income taxes
- Align the goals of employees and stockholders
- Provide a higher value proposition when hiring
- Boost employee motivation and productivity
- Improve employee retention and loyalty
- Enable succession planning and business continuity
- Maintain control while organizing or easing into retirement
- Amplify personal liquidity of owners, but still retain control of the company
- Preserve your business' legacy and culture
What About KSOPs?
A KSOP is a tax-advantaged plan that is a combination of an ESOP and a 401(k). Ownership shares are given to employees as in an ESOP, employees can deposit their own money to purchase additional stock through payroll deductions, or the company can match employee contributions with shares instead of cash.
Setting up a stock ownership plan doesn't have to exclude your employees from the risk tolerance that comes with diverse investments. In fact, incorporating an ESOP or KSOP to a more traditional retirement plan allows you to receive the benefits of both. The experienced Huntleigh, MO ESOP advisors and retirement consultants of Correct Capital can support you find the best retirement plan for you, your business, and your employees.
How Our Huntleigh, MO ESOP Advisors Can Help
Whether you're stepping from control of your company or are interested in an ESOP's other benefits, you'll need a knowledgeable Huntleigh, MO ESOP advisory firm by your side to get the most out of your plan. When you work with Correct Capital, we:
- Reduce your tax liability as much as possible — When you transfer your ownership shares to an ESOP, you have the option to reinvest the proceeds in alternative securities to postpone capital gains taxes on the sales, allowing you to keep more of the profit. To defer capital gains taxes, your ESOP advisor can help you carry out a Section 1042 exchange by selling at least 30% of your company to the ESOP and reinvesting that money in qualified replacement securities or QRP. Taxes would be payable until the taxpayer has a disposition of the QRP. An ESOP advisor can guarantee you obtain the most tax benefit from your ESOP.
- Customize your ESOP and retirement plans — Along with your team, we'll develop and set up an ESOP that works best for you and your distinctive company. We like to challenge ourselves and our clients to get innovative with retirement plan offerings to enhance the advantages they provide. We'll evaluate your needs, assess different ESOP options, and suggest a personalized ESOP that meets legal requirements and is aimed at optimizing benefits. If we believe it's a good idea, we may also recommend combining an ESOP with a 401(k) or different retirement plans to additionally boost benefits, yet retain efficiencies.
- Conduct a ESOP feasibility study — When we first meet with our clients, we work to understand their needs and collaborate with them to identify the optimal tax-advantaged retirement plans for their business. For clients looking at an ESOP, part of that means conducting a feasibility analysis to determine if it's a viable option for your company. We'll look at:
- Cash flow, debts, and overall financial health
- Ownership structure to understand the implications of introducing an ESOP
- Employee demographics to understand what they need from their retirement plan
- Tax implications for both your company and shareholders
- Company culture and employee engagement to see if an ESOP is likely to be well-received and supported
What if your business isn't a great fit for an ESOP? We'll partner with you to find a retirement or succession plan that works for you.
- Connect you with valuation firms and trustees — Implementing and maintaining an ESOP involves a lot of moving parts, including CPAs, lawyers, and a trustee to buy stock of the company on behalf of the ESOP. An experienced ESOP advisor with a strong network in Huntleigh, MO can help you set up your ESOP team with dependable partners.
- Ensure compliance — IRS, Department of Labor, and ERISA all have strict regulations for the oversight of ESOPs. For example, when ESOP participants at a closely held employer receive company stock in an ESOP distribution, they have the option to demand the employer to repurchase them at current market price.
- ESOP sustainability assessments — In an ESOP, shares are granted to employees over time based on duration of service. Most of the time, that means ownership of the company is passed to the ESOP in phases. Depending on how you structure your company and the plan, your ESOP may start with 30%, but could ultimately achieve 100% ownership. As the plan progresses and matures, so will its impact on your company. ESOP advisors can plan for these changes and react to them in real time, allowing your plan to stay viable, in accordance with regulations, and advantageous.
- Employee communication and education — Our ESOP advisors offer group meetings and personalized meetings with your employees so they can maximize the benefits from your employee stock ownership plan. With an ESOP advisor from Correct Capital, your employees won't just get a portion of your company, but they'll feel like they're obtaining ownership of their economic well-being and eventual retirement.
Why Choose Correct Capital as Your ESOP Advisor in Huntleigh, MO
Correct Capital is an independent advisory firm that specializes in helping business owners arrange retirement plans and succession plans for their enterprises. There are multiple factors we point to that make us unique from other financial advisory firms in Huntleigh, MO, and all over the nation:
- A member of the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA), Correct Capital was recently named one of their Top Defined Contribution (DC) Teams with Assets under Advisement of at least $100 million. Correct Capital is the only advisory firm in Missouri to achieve this distinction.
- We're experienced in retirement plans and ESOPs. Correct Capital's clients currently operate these plans in a range of industries, including for construction companies and contractors. As we work with both businesses and individuals and families to assist in setting up retirement plans, we're ideally suited to understand the needs of each and establish a plan that fulfills the necessities of both, as well as those of your stockholders.
- Our award-winning Huntleigh, MO financial advisory team is made up of a diverse range of financial expertise, including an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, multiple CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, a certified public accountant, and a six-time Barron's Top 1200 Advisor. With over eight decades of combined experience, we pool our collective talents and insights to optimally assist each client uniquely.
- As independent fiduciary advisors, we are lawfully and ethically bound to do what's in the optimal interest of you, your employees, and your company. We strive to establish long-term relationships with our clients grounded in trust and the mutual goal of expanding your and your employees' wealth.
Other services we offer in Huntleigh, MO:
- Company 401(k) Plans
- Self-Employed Retirement Plans
- 401(k) For Small Business
- Small Business Retirement Plans
- Tax Planning
- Social Security Consultants Near Me
- Retirement Calculator
- Retirement Planning
- Rollover 401(k)
Call Correct Capital to Speak With an ESOP Advisor in Huntleigh, MO Today
If you're interested in learning more about ESOPs or wish to commence the process of setting one up for your Huntleigh, MO business, reach out to a Correct Capital ESOP advisor now. Let us do what we do best so you can concentrate on what you value most: positioning yourself, your business, and your employees up for achievement. Reach out with one of our Huntleigh, MO ESOP advisors immediately at 314-930-4015 or contact us online.