ESOP advisor in Sunset Hills, MO. Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) are becoming a more and more well-liked retirement plan for employees in a variety of sectors in Sunset Hills, MO. They offer business owners an opportunity to step away from their company while significantly reducing taxes on the sale, and offer employees a qualified retirement plan that builds their productivity and motivation. However, designing, implementing, and maintaining an ESOP isn't something most Sunset Hills, MO business owners can do without professional help. Correct Capital's proficient and savvy ESOP advisors help businesses of all sizes, in Sunset Hills, MO and around the United States, establish tailored retirement plans that benefit themselves, their employees, and their profit.
If you're looking for a trustworthy financial partner in Sunset Hills, MO who shares your goals of building your company and employees for sustained success, call Correct Capital at 314-930-4015, contact us online, or schedule an appointment with one of our financial advisors today.
About Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
An ESOP is a tax-advantaged retirement plan where employees receive shares of the company that employs them, rather than savings or investments in other companies such as in a 401(k). ESOPs are 100% company funded, and often times shares offered to employees are not controlling shares, meaning control of the company stays with the C-suite. They offer fantastic incentives to employees while providing businesses with an improved value proposition to employees, and allow business owners to set up a succession plan while preserving control. Upon reaching retirement, most employees sell the stock at market value.
Of special interest to business owners, by handing over part of your ownership to the ESOP, owners can defer capital gains taxes, allowing you to disperse the tax consequences of the sale instead of having to pay taxes at once. In many cases, ESOPs are a transition plan that keeps the most amount of money achievable in your pocket.
Benefits of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Sell a portion of your business (minimum 30%) with deferment of capital gains taxes (provided you reinvest into qualified replacement securities)
- Extra tax deductions through contributions made to employees
- If the business is one day 100% owned as an S-Corp by the ESOP, it's not subject to federal income taxes
- Align the goals of employees and stockholders
- Offer a higher value proposition when hiring
- Improve employee motivation and productivity
- Enhance employee retention and loyalty
- Ease succession planning and business continuity
- Maintain control while planning or easing into retirement
- Increase personal liquidity of owners, but still keep control of the company
- Preserve your business' legacy and culture
What About KSOPs?
A KSOP is a similar type of plan that is a mix between an ESOP and a 401(k). Ownership shares are extended to employees as in an ESOP, employees can add their own money to buy additional stock through payroll deductions, or the company can match employee contributions with stock instead of cash.
Setting up a stock ownership plan doesn't have to exclude your employees from more diverse investments. In fact, adding an ESOP or KSOP to a more traditional retirement plan allows you to attain the benefits of both. The experienced Sunset Hills, MO ESOP advisors and retirement consultants of Correct Capital can assist you find the best retirement plan for you, your company, and your employees.
How Our Sunset Hills, MO ESOP Advisors Can Help
Whether you're motivated by a succession plan, employee incentives, or any other of ESOPs' benefits, you'll need an experienced Sunset Hills, MO ESOP advisory firm to partner with to reap the most benefits of your plan. When you work with Correct Capital, we:
- Lower your tax liability as much as possible — When you sell your ownership shares to an ESOP, you have the option to reinvest the proceeds in other securities to defer capital gains taxes on the sales, allowing you to retain more of the profit. To postpone capital gains taxes, your ESOP advisor can help you carry out a Section 1042 exchange by selling at least 30% of your company to the ESOP and reinvesting that money in qualified replacement securities or QRP. Taxes would be owed until the taxpayer has a sale of the QRP. An ESOP advisor can guarantee you get the most tax benefit from your ESOP.
- Personalize your ESOP and retirement plans — Along with your team, we'll create and set up an ESOP suited specifically to you and your company. We like to push ourselves and our clients to get innovative with retirement plan offerings to optimize the advantages they offer. We'll evaluate your needs, evaluate various ESOP options, and propose a customized ESOP that meets legal requirements and is aimed at optimizing benefits. If we believe it's a good idea, we may also suggest combining an ESOP with a 401(k) or different retirement plans to further increase benefits, without sacrificing efficiencies.
- Conduct a ESOP feasibility study — When we first meet with our clients, we work to comprehend their needs and work together with them to discover the best qualified retirement plans for their business. For clients interested in an ESOP, part of that means conducting a feasibility analysis to ascertain if it's a workable option for your company. We'll analyze:
- Cash flow, debts, and overall financial health
- Ownership structure to understand how it'll be affected by introducing an ESOP
- Employee demographics to understand what they need from their retirement plan
- Tax implications for both your company and shareholders
- Company culture and employee engagement to assess if an ESOP is likely to be well-received and supported
What if your business isn't a great fit for an ESOP? We'll partner with you to find a retirement or succession plan that works for you.
- Connect you with valuation firms and trustees — Implementing and maintaining an ESOP involves a lot of moving parts, including accountants, lawyers, and a trustee to acquire stock of the company on behalf of the ESOP. An experienced ESOP advisor with a strong network in Sunset Hills, MO can help you arrange your ESOP team with trusted partners.
- Ensure compliance — IRS, Department of Labor, and ERISA all have strict guidelines for the management of retirement plans. For instance, when individuals enrolled in an employee stock ownership plan at a closely held employer receive company stock in an ESOP distribution, they have the option to demand the employer to buy back them at fair market value.
- ESOP sustainability assessments — In an ESOP, shares are granted to employees over time based on duration of service. Usually, that means ownership of the company is passed to the ESOP in increments. Depending on how you structure your company and the plan, your ESOP may start with 30%, but could ultimately achieve 100% ownership. As the plan evolves and matures, so will its impact on your company. ESOP advisors can plan for these changes and react to them in real time, facilitating your plan to stay viable, in accordance with regulations, and profitable.
- Employee communication and education — Our ESOP advisors offer group meetings and personalized meetings with your employees so they can get the most from your ESOP. With an ESOP advisor from Correct Capital, your employees won't just attain a portion of your company, but they'll feel like they're gaining ownership of their economic well-being and future.
Why Choose Correct Capital as Your ESOP Advisor in Sunset Hills, MO
Correct Capital is an independent advisory firm that specializes in assisting business owners establish retirement plans and succession plans for their companies. There are numerous factors we believe distinguish us from other financial consulting companies in Sunset Hills, MO, and across the U.S.:
- A member of the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA), Correct Capital was recently named one of their Top Defined Contribution (DC) Teams with Assets under Advisement of at least $100 million. Correct Capital is the only advisory firm in Missouri to achieve this distinction.
- We know retirement plans and ESOPs. Correct Capital's clients currently operate these plans in a variety of sectors, including for construction companies and contractors. As we work with both businesses and individuals and families to support in setting up retirement plans, we're perfectly positioned to understand the needs of each and establish a plan that satisfies the needs of both, as well as those of your stockholders.
- Our award-winning Sunset Hills, MO financial advisory team is composed of a wide range of financial expertise, including an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, multiple CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, a certified public accountant, and a six-time Barron's Top 1200 Advisor. With over 80 years of combined experience, we pool our collective talents and insights to best serve each client distinctively.
- As independent fiduciary advisors, we are legally and ethically bound to do what's in the optimal interest of you, your employees, and your company. We endeavor to establish long-term relationships with our clients based on trust and the common goal of increasing your and your employees' financial prosperity.
Other services we offer in Sunset Hills, MO:
- Company 401(k) Plans
- Self-Employed Retirement Plans
- 401(k) For Small Business
- Small Business Retirement Plans
- Tax Planning
- Social Security Consultants Near Me
- Retirement Calculator
- Retirement Planning
- Rollover 401(k)
Call Correct Capital to Speak With an ESOP Advisor in Sunset Hills, MO Today
If you're interested in learning more about ESOPs or desire to initiate the process of setting one up for your Sunset Hills, MO business, get in touch with a Correct Capital ESOP advisor now. Let us do what we do best so you can concentrate on what you care about most: positioning yourself, your business, and your employees up for success. Get in touch with one of our Sunset Hills, MO ESOP advisors today at 314-930-4015 or contact us online.