ESOP advisor in Des Peres, MO. Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) have become an increasingly well-liked retirement benefit for employees in a variety of sectors in Des Peres, MO. They offer business owners a chance to exit their company while considerably reducing taxes on the sale, and offer employees a tax-advantaged retirement plan that builds their productivity and motivation. However, designing, implementing, and maintaining an ESOP isn't something most Des Peres, MO business owners can do without professional help. Correct Capital's proficient and savvy ESOP advisors help businesses of all sizes, in Des Peres, MO and around the nation, create tailored retirement plans that benefit themselves, their employees, and their revenue.
If you're in search of a trustworthy financial partner in Des Peres, MO who shares your goals of setting up your company and employees for long-term success, call Correct Capital at 314-930-4015, contact us online, or schedule a consultation with one of our financial advisors immediately.
About Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan where employees receive stock of the company that employs them, rather than savings funds or investments in other companies as in a typical retirement plan. ESOPs are 100% company funded, and often times shares offered to employees are not controlling shares, meaning control of the company stays with ownership and other executives. They offer excellent incentives to employees while providing businesses with an improved value proposition in the hiring process, and allow business owners to set up a succession plan while retaining control. When they retire, most employees sell the stock at market value.
Of special interest to business owners, by selling part of your ownership to the ESOP, owners can defer capital gains taxes, allowing you to disperse the tax consequences of the sale instead of being required to pay taxes right away. In many cases, ESOPs are a succession plan that keeps the most amount of money achievable with the owner.
Benefits of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Sell a portion of your business (minimum 30%) with deferment of capital gains taxes (provided you reinvest into qualified replacement securities)
- Further tax deductions through contributions made to employees
- If the business is eventually 100% owned as an S-Corp by the ESOP, it's free from federal income taxes
- Align the goals of employees and stockholders
- Offer a higher value proposition when hiring
- Increase employee motivation and productivity
- Improve employee retention and loyalty
- Simplify succession planning and business continuity
- Keep control while planning or easing into retirement
- Amplify personal liquidity of owners, but still keep control of the company
- Carry on your business' legacy and culture
What About KSOPs?
A KSOP is a tax-advantaged plan that is a mix between an ESOP and a 401(k). Ownership shares are extended to employees as in an ESOP, employees can put in their own money to acquire additional shares through payroll deductions, or the company can match employee contributions with stock rather than cash.
Setting up a stock ownership plan doesn't have to exclude your employees from more diverse investments. In fact, incorporating an ESOP or KSOP to a more traditional retirement plan allows you to get the benefits of both. The experienced Des Peres, MO ESOP advisors and retirement consultants of Correct Capital can assist you find the right plans for your business.
What Our Des Peres, MO ESOP Advisors Do for You
Whether you're moving on from control of your company or are interested in an ESOP's other benefits, you'll need a knowledgeable Des Peres, MO ESOP advisory firm in your corner to reap the most benefits of your plan. When you work with Correct Capital, we:
- Reduce your tax liability as much as possible — When you sell your ownership shares to an ESOP, you can reinvest the proceeds in other securities to postpone capital gains taxes on the sales, allowing you to keep more of the profit. To postpone capital gains taxes, your ESOP advisor can help you carry out a Section 1042 exchange by selling at least 30% of your company to the ESOP and reinvesting that money in qualified replacement securities or QRP. Taxes would be payable until the taxpayer has a disposition of the QRP. An ESOP advisor can guarantee you obtain the most tax benefit from your ESOP.
- Personalize your ESOP and retirement plans — Along with your team, we'll create and implement an ESOP that works best for you and your unique company. We like to push ourselves and our clients to get creative with retirement plan offerings to optimize the benefits they offer. We'll evaluate your needs, analyze different ESOP options, and propose a personalized ESOP that meets legal requirements and is aimed at maximizing benefits. If it makes sense, we may also suggest combining an ESOP with a 401(k) or other retirement plans to further increase benefits, without sacrificing efficiencies.
- Conduct a ESOP feasibility study — When we first meet with our clients, we work to grasp their needs and work together with them to find the optimal tax-advantaged retirement plans for their company. For clients looking at an ESOP, part of that means conducting a feasibility analysis to determine if it's a workable option for your company. We'll examine:
- Cash flow, debts, and overall financial health
- Ownership structure to understand the implications of introducing an ESOP
- Employee demographics to understand what they need from their retirement plan
- Tax implications for both your company and shareholders
- Company culture and employee engagement to see if an ESOP is likely to be well-received and supported
What if your business isn't a great fit for an ESOP? We'll collaborate with you to find a retirement or succession plan that works for you.
- Connect you with valuation firms and trustees — Implementing and maintaining an ESOP involves a lot of moving parts, including accountants, attorneys, and a trustee to acquire stock of the company on behalf of the ESOP. An experienced ESOP advisor with a strong network in Des Peres, MO can help you arrange your ESOP team with dependable partners.
- Ensure compliance — IRS, Department of Labor, and ERISA all have strict requirements for the oversight of retirement plans. For instance, when employees participating in an ESOP at a closely held employer receive company stock in an ESOP distribution, they have the option to demand the employer to repurchase them at fair market value.
- ESOP sustainability assessments — In an ESOP, shares are granted to employees over time based on how long they've worked there. Usually, that means ownership of the company is sold to the ESOP in phases. Depending on how you structure your company and the plan, your ESOP may start with 30%, but could ultimately achieve 100% ownership. As the plan progresses and matures, so will its implications for your company. ESOP advisors can plan for these changes and adapt to them in real time, enabling your plan to stay workable, compliant, and beneficial.
- Employee communication and education — Our ESOP advisors offer collective workshops and individual consultations with your employees so they can get the most from your retirement plan. With an ESOP advisor from Correct Capital, your employees won't just get a portion of your company, but they'll feel like they're gaining ownership of their economic well-being and eventual retirement.
Why Choose Correct Capital as Your ESOP Advisor in Des Peres, MO
Correct Capital is an independent advisory firm that specializes in helping business owners arrange retirement plans and succession plans for their businesses. There are multiple factors we point to that make us unique from other financial advisory firms in Des Peres, MO, and all over the nation:
- A member of the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA), Correct Capital was recently named one of their Top Defined Contribution (DC) Teams with Assets under Advisement of at least $100 million. Correct Capital is the only advisory firm in Missouri to achieve this distinction.
- We're experienced in retirement plans and ESOPs. Correct Capital's clients currently operate these plans in a variety of sectors, including for construction companies and contractors. As we work with both businesses and individuals and families when managing retirement plans, we're well-prepared to understand the needs of each and develop a plan that meets the needs of both, as well as those of your stockholders.
- Our award-winning Des Peres, MO financial advisory team is made up of a diverse range of financial expertise, including an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, multiple CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, a certified public accountant, and a six-time Barron's Top 1200 Advisor. With over 80 years of combined experience, we pool our collective talents and insights to optimally assist each client distinctively.
- As independent fiduciary advisors, we are legally and morally bound to do what's in the utmost benefit of you, your employees, and your company. We endeavor to forge long-term relationships with our clients founded on trust and the mutual goal of growing your and your employees' financial prosperity.
Other services we offer in Des Peres, MO:
- Company 401(k) Plans
- Self-Employed Retirement Plans
- 401(k) For Small Business
- Small Business Retirement Plans
- Tax Planning
- Social Security Consultants Near Me
- Retirement Calculator
- Retirement Planning
- Rollover 401(k)
Call Correct Capital to Speak With an ESOP Advisor in Des Peres, MO Today
If you're interested in learning more about ESOPs or wish to start the process of setting one up for your Des Peres, MO business, reach out to a Correct Capital ESOP advisor now. Let us do what we do best so you can focus on what you care about most: setting yourself, your business, and your employees up for success. Reach out with one of our Des Peres, MO ESOP advisors now at 314-930-4015 or contact us online.