Retirement Consultant St. Louis, MO. Whether you dream of filling your golden years with vacations to Cabo, cruising around town in a vintage sports car, hanging out on the back porch, or leaving as much behind for future generations as possible, you need a dedicated and knowledgeable retirement consultant to help you reach your goals. Wherever you are in life now, the St. Louis retirement planning advisors at Correct Capital will create a personalized roadmap for you to get you from here to where you want to go. Call us today at 314-930-401K or fill out our online contact form.
Working with a St. Louis Retirement Consultant
Your retirement planning needs are based on your personal goals in retirement. When you hire a retirement consultant at Correct Capital, we will begin by getting to know you personally in order to best understand how we can help you reach your goals. As a Registered Investment Advisor, Correct Capital has retirement advisors that have access to a wealth of research and data, and knowledge of the best strategies to utilize in the interest of growing your wealth. We are independently owned and will never try to sell you on something we don’t believe in ourselves. As fiduciary financial advisors, our relationship with our St. Louis clients begins with trust and your peace of mind that we have your best interest at heart.
How to Choose the Right Retirement Consultant for You
You likely have a lot of questions about your retirement and retirement planning, and chief among them is how to choose a St. Louis retirement consultant you can trust. There are a number of important factors to consider when hiring a retirement consultant.
What Qualifications Does a Retirement Consultant Have?
Anyone can use fictionalized titles like “retirement specialists,” and certain certifications are awarded through short study and easy exams, or have more to do with marketing than financial planning. Correct Capital is a trusted team that includes experienced retirement counselors and two CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, a certification that could only be obtained through years of experience, extra education requirements, intense study, and passing comprehensive exams. You can trust that your Correct Capital retirement consultant has the experience and knowledge to manage your retirement planning effectively.
Is the Retirement Consultant a Fiduciary?
Investment professionals are bound by one of two sets of standards:
- Suitability Standard: This standard is set by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and vaguely states that an investment professional must choose planning and investment options that are “suitable” for their clients, but not necessarily the client’s best option. As such, a broker that follows the suitability standard is under no legal obligation to follow your best interests instead of their own, and they also serve the broker-dealers they work for. This could mean they make decisions with your money based on the commission they might receive, or are selling products that might not be in your best interest.
- Fiduciary Standard: This standard is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and any retirement consultant at Correct Capital is legally bound to it. We are obligated to put your best interests first, act with the skill and good judgment of a professional, strive to avoid conflicts of interest, disclose unavoidable conflicts, and manage them in your best interest.
The relationship between a Correct Capital retirement consultant and our St. Louis clients is based on trust and our personal relationship with each other. We get to know you and your financial planning and retirement planning needs, and every recommendation or decision we make regarding your wealth is made with the best interest of you and your family in mind.
Who Does the Retirement Consultant Work For?
Many St. Louis financial advisors and retirement consultants work for brokerages, banks, or other financial institutions, and therefore may be limited in the investing options they can offer you, or may push products or mutual funds that are not really in your best interest. Your Correct Capital retirement consultant works for you and will act as your advocate. We give you our I.O.U. promise: we are independent, objective, and offer unbiased advice. We are not affiliated with any one financial institution, and therefore will evaluate a variety of investment opportunities to find the ones that fit best with you and your needs. Our advice is based on knowledge, experience, in-depth data and analytics, and how we can best serve our St. Louis clients.
Aspects of Retirement Planning Your Retirement Consultant Will Help You Consider
Even experienced investors and financially shrewd St. Louis residents can find it difficult to weigh all of their options when it comes to retirement planning. A trustworthy and savvy retirement consultant can help you best determine how to manage your savings and retirement funds. Among the aspects of retirement planning Correct Capital can help with are:
- Tax Implications. Depending on how your money was saved in different types of accounts, 401(k)s, or IRAs, there can be a lot of variance in how much you will pay in taxes and when you will pay them.
- What Age to Retire. The Social Security Agency defines your “full” or “normal” retirement age (FRA) based on the year you were born. The social security benefits you receive will be altered if you retire earlier or later than your FRA. As our retirement consultants at Correct Capital get to know you, they will develop a retirement plan for you that includes the ideal age for you to retire.
- When to Withdraw Money, and How Much to Withdraw. Depending on where your money is being saved and invested, the optimal timing and amount of your withdrawals will change. Different types of accounts have different rules, such as minimum withdrawals after a certain age.
- Determine a Retirement Budget. The type of lifestyle you want, combined with how much you were able to save and your age, will determine your retirement budget. A skilled St. Louis retirement consultant can help you increase the amount of funds you have for your budget.
- Your Current Risk Tolerance. Depending on your age now and what age you plan to retire, your risk tolerance for certain investments will likely be different.
At Correct Capital, our retirement planning professionals look at the complete picture of your finances so each aspect of your retirement planning is well thought out and optimized.
Contact a St. Louis Retirement Consultant Today | Correct Capital
Whether you’re nearing retirement, or just want to plan as far ahead as possible, your Correct Capital retirement consultant will help you feel confident and at ease about how your wealth is growing for the future. Our retirement plan specialists have over 30 years of experience helping St. Louis residents and families live the life they dreamed of in their golden years. As fiduciary financial advisors, we are legally and ethically bound to always act in your best interest. To find out more about how we can help you meet your financial goals, call us today 314-930-401K or contact us online.