Retirement Consultant Columbia, IL. Whether you have your heart set on filling your golden years with vacations to Cartagena, cruising through town in a classic sports car, smoking cigars on the back porch, or leaving the biggest possible inheritance behind for your family as possible, you need a dedicated and knowledgeable retirement consultant to help you achieve your dreams. No matter where you are in life now, the Columbia, IL retirement planning advisors at Correct Capital will implement a customized roadmap for you to get you from here to where you want to go. Call us today at 314-930-401K or fill out our online contact form.
Your personal retirement goals will determine what you require from a retirement consultant. When you hire a retirement consultant at Correct Capital, we will begin by getting to know who you are so that we can recognize how we can help you reach your objectives. As a Registered Investment Advisor, Correct Capital has retirement advisors that have access to a plethora of research and data, and we know the best strategies to employ in the interest of growing your wealth. We are independently owned and will only offer you objective and unbiased advice. As fiduciary financial advisors, trust is at the core of our relationships with all our Columbia, IL clients, and we want you to have peace of mind that we have your best interest at heart.
How to Choose the Right Retirement Consultant for You
In all likelihood, you have a lot of questions about how to best start your retirement planning, and principal among them is how to pick a Columbia, IL retirement consultant you can trust. There are a variety of important elements to consider when hiring a retirement consultant.
What Qualifications Does a Retirement Consultant Have?
Anybody can use made up titles like “retirement specialists,” and certain certifications are received through short study and easy exams, or have more to do with marketing than financial planning. Correct Capital is an accomplished and trustworthy team that includes a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and a Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC®), certifications that could only be achieved through years of experience, extra education requirements, intense study, and passing exhaustive tests. You can be confident that your Correct Capital retirement consultant has the experience and knowledge to effectively manage your retirement planning.
Is the Retirement Consultant a Fiduciary?
Investment professionals are obligated to follow one of two sets of standards:
- Suitability Standard: This standard is regulated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and vaguely says that an investment professional must choose planning and investment options that are “suitable” for their clients, but not necessarily the client’s best option. As such, a broker that complies with the suitability standard feels no legal duty to follow your best interests instead of their own, and they also have to listen to the broker-dealers they work for. This could mean they give you retirement advice based on the commission they might be paid, or are pushing products that might not be in your best interest.
- Fiduciary Standard: This standard is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and any retirement consultant at Correct Capital is legally bound to it. We are obligated to have your best interest at heart, act with the skill and good judgement of a professional, strive to avoid conflicts of interest, disclose unavoidable conflicts, and manage them in the way that’s best for your and your money.
The relationship between a Correct Capital retirement consultant and our Columbia, IL clients is based on trust and our personal relationship with each other. We get to know you and your financial planning and retirement planning needs, and every recommendation we give you or decision we make concerning your wealth is made with the best interest of you and your family at heart.
Who Does the Retirement Consultant Work For?
A lot of Columbia, IL financial advisors and retirement consultants are employed by brokerages, banks, or other financial institutions, and thusly may be limited in the investing options they can offer you, or may push products or mutual funds that are not really in your best interest. Your Correct Capital retirement consultant works for you and will act as your advocate. We give you our I.O.U. promise: we are independent, objective, and offer unbiased advice. We are not affiliated with any single financial institution, and thusly will analyze a variety of investment options to find the ones that work best for your individual needs. Our advice is based on knowledge, experience, in-depth data and analytics, and how we can best serve our Columbia, IL clients.
Aspects of Retirement Planning Your Retirement Consultant Will Help You Consider
Even experienced investors and financially shrewd Columbia, IL residents can find it hard to weigh all of their options when it comes to retirement planning. A trustworthy and savvy retirement consultant can help you best determine how to manage your savings and retirement funds. Among the elements of retirement planning Correct Capital will discuss with you are:
- Tax Implications. Depending on how your money was saved in different types of accounts, 401(k)s, or IRAs, there can be a lot of variance in how much you will pay in taxes and when you will pay them.
- What Age to Retire. The Social Security Agency defines your “full” or “normal” retirement age (FRA) based on your birth year. The social security benefits you receive will be different if you retire earlier or later than your FRA. As our retirement consultants at Correct Capital come to understand who you are and what you need, they will develop a retirement plan for you that includes the ideal age for you to leave the workforce.
- When to Withdraw Money, and How Much to Withdraw. Depending on where your money is being saved and invested, the ideal timing and amount of your withdrawals will change. Different types of accounts have different regulations, for example minimum withdrawals once you reach a certain age.
- Calculate a Retirement Budget. The kind of lifestyle you want, together with how much you were able to save and your age, will dictate your retirement budget. An accomplished Columbia, IL retirement consultant can help you increase the amount of money you have for your budget.
- Your Current Risk Tolerance. You may have a higher tolerance for, or aversion to risk, based on how close you are to your retirement age.
At Correct Capital, our Columbia, IL retirement planning consultants look at the complete picture of your finances so each element of your retirement planning is well thought out and optimized.
Take a look at the links below to see what other financial services we offer:
Contact a Columbia, IL Retirement Consultant Today | Correct Capital
No matter how close you are to retirement your Columbia, IL Correct Capital retirement consultant will help you feel confident and relaxed about how your wealth is growing for the future. Our retirement plan professionals have over 30 years of experience helping Columbia, IL residents and families live the life they dreamed of in their retirement. As fiduciary financial advisors, we are legally and ethically bound to always act in your best interest. To learn more about how we can help you meet your retirement goals, call us at 314-930-401K or contact us online.