Retirement Consultant Edwardsville, IL. Whether you have your heart set on filling your golden years with holidays in Cabo, cruising through the hills in a classic sports car, smoking cigars on the front porch, or leaving as much behind for your grandkids as possible, you require a dedicated and knowledgeable retirement consultant to help you realize your goals. Wherever you are in life at the moment, the Edwardsville, IL retirement planning advisors at Correct Capital will construct a personalized roadmap for you to get you from here to where you want to go. Call us today at 314-930-401K or fill out our online contact form.
Your retirement planning needs are based on your personal goals in retirement. When you hire a retirement consultant at Correct Capital, we will start by getting to know who you are so that we can best realize how we can help you realize your goals. As a Registered Investment Advisor, Correct Capital has retirement advisors that have access to a wealth of research and data, and we know the best strategies to employ in the interest of growing your wealth. We are independently owned and will never try to sell you on something we don’t believe in ourselves. As fiduciary financial advisors, trust is at the center of our relationships with all our Edwardsville, IL clients, and we want you to have peace of mind that we have your best interest at heart.
How to Choose the Right Retirement Consultant for You
In all likelihood, you have a lot of questions about how to best start your retirement planning, and principal among them is how to choose a Edwardsville, IL retirement consultant you can trust. There are a number of important factors to evaluate when hiring a retirement consultant.
What Qualifications Does a Retirement Consultant Have?
Anybody can use fictionalized titles like “retirement specialists,” and some certifications are awarded through short study and easy exams, or pertain more to marketing than retirement planning. Correct Capital is an accomplished and honest team that includes a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and a Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC®), certifications that could only be attained through years of experience, extra education requirements, committed study, and passing comprehensive exams. You can trust that your Correct Capital retirement consultant has the experience and knowledge to successfully advise you in your retirement planning.
Is the Retirement Consultant a Fiduciary?
Investment professionals are obligated to follow one of two sets of standards:
- Suitability Standard: This standard is determined by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and vaguely states that an investment professional must choose planning and investment options that are “suitable” for their clients, but not necessarily the client’s best option. That means a broker that complies with the suitability standard carries no legal obligation to follow your best interests instead of their own, and they also have to listen to the broker-dealers they work for. This could mean they give you retirement advice based on the commission they might be paid, or are selling products that aren’t necessarily in your best interest.
- Fiduciary Standard: This standard is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and any retirement consultant at Correct Capital is legally bound to it. We are obligated to put your best interests first, act with the skill and discernment of a professional, try to avoid conflicts of interest, disclose unavoidable conflicts, and manage them in your best interest.
At Correct Capital, we build personal relationships with our Edwardsville, IL clients that are based on trust. We get to know you and your financial planning and retirement planning needs, and every piece of guidance we give you or decision we make regarding your wealth is made with the best interest of you and your family in mind.
Who Does the Retirement Consultant Work For?
A lot of Edwardsville, IL financial advisors and retirement consultants are employed by brokerages, banks, or other financial institutions, and consequently may be limited in the investing options they can offer you, or may sell you products or mutual funds that are not actually in your best interest. Your Correct Capital retirement consultant works for you and will act as your advocate. We give you our I.O.U. promise: we are independent, objective, and offer unbiased advice. We are not affiliated with any one financial institution, and consequently will analyze a variety of investment options to find the ones that work best for your individual needs. Our advice is based on knowledge, experience, in-depth data and analytics, and how we can best serve our Edwardsville, IL clients.
Aspects of Retirement Planning Your Retirement Consultant Will Help You Consider
Even experienced investors and financially astute Edwardsville, IL residents can find it complex to balance all of their options when it comes to retirement planning. A trustworthy and savvy retirement consultant can help you best judge how to manage your savings and retirement funds. Among the elements of retirement planning Correct Capital will discuss with you are:
- Tax Implications. How much you pay in taxes and when you pay them depends on which kind of account, 401(k), or IRA you saved your money in.
- What Age to Retire. The Social Security Agency stipulates your “full” or “normal” retirement age (FRA) based on your birth year. The social security benefits you receive will change if you retire earlier or later than your FRA. As our retirement consultants at Correct Capital come to understand who you are and what you need, they will develop a retirement plan for you that includes the best age for you to leave the workforce.
- When to Withdraw Money, and How Much to Withdraw. Depending on where your money is being saved and invested, the best timing and amount of your withdrawals will vary. Different kinds of accounts have different rules, such as minimum withdrawals once you reach a certain age.
- Calculate a Retirement Budget. The type of lifestyle you want, combined with how much you were able to save and your age, will decide your retirement budget. A talented Edwardsville, IL retirement consultant can help you increase the amount of savings you have for your budget.
- Your Current Risk Tolerance. You may have a higher tolerance for, or aversion to risk, based on how close you are to your retirement age.
At Correct Capital, our Edwardsville, IL retirement planning professionals examine the full scope of your finances so each aspect of your retirement planning is well thought out and optimized.
Take a look at the links below to see what other financial services we offer:
Contact a Edwardsville, IL Retirement Consultant Today | Correct Capital
No matter how close you are to retirement your Edwardsville, IL Correct Capital retirement consultant will help you feel assured and at ease about you and your family’s future. Our retirement plan professionals have over 30 years of experience helping Edwardsville, IL residents and families live the life they dreamed of in their golden years. As fiduciary financial advisors, we are legally and ethically compelled to always act in your best interest. To find out more about how we can help you realize your financial goals, call us at 314-930-401K or contact us online.