Retirement Consultant St. Louis, MO. Whether you dream of filling your golden years with vacations to Cabo, cruising around town in a classic sports car, smoking cigars on the back porch, or leaving the biggest possible inheritance behind for your kids as possible, you require a committed and knowledgeable retirement consultant to help you reach your dreams. Regardless of where you are in life now, the St. Louis, MO retirement planning advisors at Correct Capital will construct a customized roadmap for you to get you from here to where you want to go. Call us today at 314-930-401K or fill out our online contact form.
Your personal retirement goals will determine what you require from a retirement consultant. When you hire a retirement consultant at Correct Capital, we will begin by getting to know who you are so that we can best understand how we can help you achieve your objectives. As a Registered Investment Advisor, Correct Capital has retirement advisors that have access to a wide array of research and data, and knowledge of the best strategies to utilize in order to grow your wealth. We are independently owned and will only offer you objective and unbiased advice. As fiduciary financial advisors, our relationship with our St. Louis, MO clients begins with trust and your peace of mind that we have your best interest at heart.
How to Choose the Right Retirement Consultant for You
In all likelihood, you have a lot of questions about how to best start your retirement planning, and chief among them is how to pick a St. Louis, MO retirement consultant you can trust. There are many of important facets to consider when hiring a retirement consultant.
What Qualifications Does a Retirement Consultant Have?
Anyone can use fictionalized titles like “retirement specialists,” and many certifications are awarded through short study and easy exams, or focus more on advertising than financial planning. Correct Capital is a knowledgeable and honest team that includes a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and a Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC®), certifications that could only be acquired through years of experience, extra education requirements, intense study, and passing exhaustive tests. You can believe that your Correct Capital retirement consultant has the experience and knowledge to successfully manage your retirement planning.
Is the Retirement Consultant a Fiduciary?
Investment professionals are obligated to follow one of two sets of standards:
- Suitability Standard: This standard is determined by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and vaguely asserts that an investment professional must pick planning and investment options that are “suitable” for their clients, but makes no mention of the client’s best interest. As such, a broker that is bound by the suitability standard carries no legal duty to work for your best interests instead of their own, and they also have to listen to the broker-dealers they work for. This could mean they give you retirement advice based on the commission they might receive, or are selling products that aren’t necessarily in your best interest.
- Fiduciary Standard: This standard is set by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and any retirement consultant at Correct Capital is legally compelled to comply with it. We are obligated to put your best interests first, manage your account with the skill and discernment of a professional, strive to avoid conflicts of interest, disclose unavoidable conflicts, and manage them in your best interest.
The relationship between a Correct Capital retirement consultant and our St. Louis, MO clients is based on trust and our personal relationship with each other. We get to know you and your financial planning and retirement planning needs, and every piece of guidance we give you or decision we make regarding your wealth is made with the best interest of you and your family in mind.
Who Does the Retirement Consultant Work For?
Many St. Louis, MO financial advisors and retirement consultants are employed by brokerages, banks, or other financial institutions, and consequently may not have a wide array of investing options they can offer you, or may push products or mutual funds that are not really in your best interest. Your Correct Capital retirement consultant works for you and will act as your advocate. We give you our I.O.U. promise: we are independent, objective, and offer unbiased advice. We are not affiliated with any single financial institution, and thusly will evaluate a variety of investment options to find the ones that work best for your individual needs. Our advice is based on knowledge, experience, in-depth data and analytics, and how we can best serve our St. Louis, MO clients.
Aspects of Retirement Planning Your Retirement Consultant Will Help You Consider
Even experienced investors and financially astute St. Louis, MO residents can find it complicated to weigh all of their options when it comes to retirement planning. A trustworthy and savvy retirement consultant can help you best judge how to manage your savings and retirement funds. Among the facets of retirement planning Correct Capital will discuss with you are:
- Tax Implications. How much you pay in taxes and when you pay them depends on which type of account, 401(k), or IRA you saved your money in.
- What Age to Retire. The Social Security Agency defines your “full” or “normal” retirement age (FRA) based on your birth year. The social security benefits you receive will vary if you retire before or after your FRA. As our retirement consultants at Correct Capital get to know you, they will draw up a retirement plan for you that includes the ideal age for you to stop working.
- When to Withdraw Money, and How Much to Withdraw. Depending on where your money is being saved and invested, the ideal timing and size of your withdrawals will change. Different types of accounts have different regulations, for example minimum withdrawals after a certain age.
- Determine a Retirement Budget. The way you want to live your life, combined with how much you were able to save and your age, will dictate your retirement budget. A skilled St. Louis, MO retirement consultant can help you raise the amount of funds you have for your budget.
- Your Current Risk Tolerance. Depending on your age now and what age you plan to retire, your risk tolerance for certain investments will likely be different.
At Correct Capital, our St. Louis, MO retirement planning advisors examine the full scope of your finances so each facet of your retirement planning is paid attention to and optimized.
Take a look at the links below to see what other financial services we offer:
Contact a St. Louis, MO Retirement Consultant Today | Correct Capital
Whether you’re nearing retirement, or just want to plan as far ahead as possible, your St. Louis, MO Correct Capital retirement consultant will help you feel confident and at ease about you and your family’s future. Our retirement plan advisors have over three decades of experience helping St. Louis, MO residents and families live the life they dreamed of in their golden years. As fiduciary financial advisors, we are legally and ethically obligated to always act in your best interest. To learn more about how we can help you realize your retirement goals, call us at 314-930-401K or contact us online.