ESOP advisor in Central West End, MO. Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) have become an increasingly popular retirement plan for employees in various industries in Central West End, MO. They offer business owners a chance to transition from their company while significantly reducing taxes on the sale, and offer employees a qualified retirement plan that builds their productivity and motivation. However, designing, implementing, and maintaining an ESOP isn't something most Central West End, MO business owners can do without professional help. Correct Capital's knowledgeable and savvy ESOP advisors help businesses of all sizes, in Central West End, MO and around the U.S., create tailored retirement plans that benefit themselves, their employees, and their bottom line.
If you're in search of an experienced financial partner in Central West End, MO who shares your goals of establishing your company and employees for enduring success, call Correct Capital at 314-930-4015, contact us online, or schedule a consultation with one of our financial advisors immediately.
About Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan where employees receive shares of the company they work for, rather than savings accounts or investments in other companies such as in a 401(k). ESOPs are 100% company funded, and often times shares offered to employees are not governing shares, meaning control of the company stays with ownership and other executives. They offer excellent incentives to employees while providing businesses with a better value proposition in the hiring process, and allow business owners to set up a succession plan while retaining control. When they retire, most employees sell the stock at marketplace value.
Of special interest to business owners, by handing over part of your ownership to the ESOP, owners can defer capital gains taxes, allowing you to allocate the tax consequences of the sale instead of having to pay taxes right away. In many cases, ESOPs are a succession plan that keeps the most amount of money possible with the owner.
Benefits of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Sell a portion of your business (minimum 30%) with deferment of capital gains taxes (provided you reinvest into qualified replacement securities)
- Extra tax deductions through contributions made to employees
- If the business is eventually 100% owned as an S-Corp by the ESOP, it's not subject to federal income taxes
- Align the goals of employees and stockholders
- Present a higher value proposition when hiring
- Improve employee motivation and productivity
- Improve employee retention and loyalty
- Facilitate succession planning and business continuity
- Keep control while organizing or easing into retirement
- Boost personal liquidity of owners, but still keep control of the company
- Preserve your business' legacy and culture
What About KSOPs?
A KSOP is a tax-advantaged plan that is a mix between an ESOP and a 401(k). Ownership shares are extended to employees as in an ESOP, employees can deposit their own money to obtain additional shares through payroll deductions, or the company can match employee contributions with stock instead of cash.
Setting up a stock ownership plan doesn't have to exclude your employees from the risk tolerance that comes with diverse investments. In fact, incorporating an ESOP or KSOP to a more traditional retirement plan allows you to attain the benefits of both. The experienced Central West End, MO ESOP advisors and retirement consultants of Correct Capital can aid you find the best retirement plan for you, your company, and your employees.
How Our Central West End, MO ESOP Advisors Can Help
Whether you're moving on from control of your company or are interested in an ESOP's other benefits, you'll need an experienced Central West End, MO ESOP advisory firm by your side to get the most out of your plan. When you work with Correct Capital, we:
- Lower your tax liability as much as possible — When you sell your ownership shares to an ESOP, you can reinvest the proceeds in different securities to defer capital gains taxes on the sales, permitting you to retain more of the sales proceeds for various purposes. To postpone capital gains taxes, your ESOP advisor can help you execute a Section 1042 exchange by selling at least 30% of your company to the ESOP and reinvesting the proceeds in qualified replacement securities or QRP. Taxes would be owed until the taxpayer has a sale of the QRP. An ESOP advisor can guarantee you get the most tax benefit from your ESOP.
- Personalize your ESOP and retirement plans — Along with your team, we'll develop and execute an ESOP suited specifically to you and your company. We like to test ourselves and our clients to get imaginative with retirement plan offerings to optimize the benefits they offer. We'll assess your needs, assess various ESOP options, and recommend a personalized ESOP that meets legal requirements and is aimed at maximizing benefits. If it makes sense, we may also advise combining an ESOP with a 401(k) or alternative retirement plans to further increase benefits, yet retain efficiencies.
- Conduct a ESOP feasibility study — When we first meet with our clients, we work to grasp their needs and collaborate with them to discover the best qualified retirement plans for their company. For clients looking at an ESOP, part of that means conducting a feasibility analysis to determine if it's a feasible option for your company. We'll analyze:
- Cash flow, debts, and overall financial health
- Ownership structure to understand the implications of introducing an ESOP
- Employee demographics to understand how they're best served
- Tax implications for both your company and shareholders
- Company culture and employee engagement to assess if an ESOP is likely to be well-received and supported
What if your business isn't a great fit for an ESOP? We'll partner with you to find a retirement or succession plan that works for you.
- Connect you with valuation firms and trustees — Implementing and maintaining an ESOP involves a lot of moving parts, including accountants, attorneys, and a trustee to acquire stock of the company on behalf of the ESOP. An experienced ESOP advisor with a strong network in Central West End, MO can help you set up your ESOP team with reliable partners.
- Ensure compliance — IRS, Department of Labor, and ERISA all have strict guidelines for the oversight of retirement plans. For instance, when employees participating in an ESOP at a closely held employer receive company stock in an ESOP distribution, they have the right to require the employer to redeem them at current market price.
- ESOP sustainability assessments — In an ESOP, shares are granted to employees over time based on how long they've worked there. Usually, that means ownership of the company is sold to the ESOP in increments. Depending on how you structure your company and the plan, your ESOP may start with 30%, but could ultimately achieve 100% ownership. As the plan develops and matures, so will its impact on your company. ESOP advisors can plan for these changes and react to them in real time, facilitating your plan to stay viable, in accordance with regulations, and advantageous.
- Employee communication and education — Our ESOP advisors offer group sessions and personalized meetings with your employees so they can optimize the advantages from your retirement plan. With an ESOP advisor from Correct Capital, your employees won't just get a share of your company, but they'll feel like they're achieving ownership of their financial stability and eventual retirement.
Why Choose Correct Capital as Your ESOP Advisor in Central West End, MO
Correct Capital is an independent advisory firm that specializes in assisting business owners create retirement plans and succession plans for their enterprises. There are multiple factors we believe distinguish us from other financial consulting companies in Central West End, MO, and across the country:
- A member of the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA), Correct Capital was recently named one of their Top Defined Contribution (DC) Teams with Assets under Advisement of at least $100 million. Correct Capital is the only advisory firm in Missouri to achieve this distinction.
- We know retirement plans and ESOPs. Correct Capital's clients currently operate these plans in a wide range of sectors, including for construction companies and contractors. As we work with both businesses and individuals and families to assist in setting up retirement plans, we're ideally suited to understand the demands of each and develop a plan that satisfies the necessities of both, as well as those of your stockholders.
- Our award-winning Central West End, MO financial advisory team is made up of a diverse range of financial expertise, including an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, multiple CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, a certified public accountant, and a six-time Barron's Top 1200 Advisor. With over eight decades of combined experience, we pool our collective talents and insights to effectively cater to each client uniquely.
- As independent fiduciary advisors, we are lawfully and ethically bound to do what's in the best interest of you, your employees, and your company. We strive to establish long-term relationships with our clients founded on trust and the common goal of growing your and your employees' financial prosperity.
Other services we offer in Central West End, MO:
- Succession Planning
- Fiduciary Financial Advisor
- Company 401(k) Plans
- Self-Employed Retirement Plans
- 401(k) For Small Business
- Small Business Retirement Plans
- Tax Planning
- Social Security Consultants Near Me
- Retirement Calculator
Call Correct Capital to Speak With an ESOP Advisor in Central West End, MO Today
If you're interested in learning more about ESOPs or desire to commence the process of setting one up for your Central West End, MO business, get in touch with a Correct Capital ESOP advisor today. Let us do what we do best so you can focus on what you value most: positioning yourself, your business, and your employees up for achievement. Get in touch with one of our Central West End, MO ESOP advisors now at 314-930-4015 or contact us online.